In our natal chart, Chiron unearths our deepest, darkest wounds. It highlights the shadowy aspect of ourselves that we’ve tried to bury or turn a blind eye to.
You can think of Chiron as a trigger, letting you know exactly what needs to be healed.
And trust me when I say it’s worth healing. Chiron, unlike Saturn or any other placement, will keep showing up again and again in your life experiences.
In this case, healing Chiron in Sagittarius can result in some incredible breakthroughs in relation to your adventure, ambition, and sense of belonging.
WHAT DOES CHIRON IN SAGITTARIUS MEAN?
Chiron in Sagittarius is one of the trickiest placements I’ve seen because it underpins your belief system and sense of meaning. It defines your entire existence.
Having natal Chiron in Sagittarius is like knowing there’s a guiding North Star but not being able to find it.
Having this placement can quite literally make you feel directionless. Aimless. Void of meaning.
With this wound, you’re torn between following the belief systems of others versus creating your own. Not only are you continually seeking your purpose or ‘soul mission’, but you feel as though you’re different from others in this world.
Whilst your outlook on life is marked with ambition, passion, curiosity, and intrigue, others are defined by averageness, mediocrity, and stability. These aren’t bad things, but from my experience, they rarely make the Sagittarius happy.
This creates an intense loneliness within the Sagittarius Chiron placement.
Confusing, right? Also easy to see why it needs healing.
CHIRON IN SAGITTARIUS WOUND
The Chiron in Sagittarius wound is all about disconnection with both who you are at a core level and how you fit in with the world around you.
It’s a wound that greatly affects how you show up in this world, both professionally, emotionally, mentally, and physically.
People with a Chiron in Sagittarius wound are the explorers, seekers, and nomads of this world. They’re the souls who are always searching for their reason why.
It manifests as:
- An intense need to find the ‘meaning of it all’
- Spending decades of your life unsatisfied because you haven’t found it
- A deep commitment phobia
- Going on intense spiritual voyages or ‘soul searching’ travels yet not finding that special ‘something’
- Going to all lengths to find answers in places others wouldn’t dare to venture (hint: read dangerous places)
- The information you do get seems to make no sense to you, or it doesn’t feel like it applies to your life
- Becoming an adrenaline junkie to give some energy to your life
- Reading as many personal development and self-help books as possible
- Moving from one place to another, never really establishing any roots
- Numbing the big-picture thinking
- Letting your wild visions and dreams go because they’re ‘pointless’
- Avoiding higher powers or religion or turning to either one of these for all the answers
- Fear of open spaces
FYI, those with a Chiron in Sagittarius placement typically don’t like to be tied down, or stuck in one place. They love their freedom (Sagittarius rules the thighs so you just know these archers are always on the move!).
Because they feel trapped in one of the biggest, most powerful areas of their life, more physical restrictions just serve to overwhelm them.
WHERE DOES THE CHIRON IN SAGITTARIUS WOUND COME FROM?
Here’s where things get interesting, if not a little morbid. The Chiron in Sagittarius wound typically comes from unhealed abandonment trauma. Likely in childhood.
Abandonment trauma is a vast topic and covers everything from emotional trauma to physically being left alone during times of need. This wound can also stem from a vicious inner critic.
The stronger the abandonment, the stronger the wound.
This wound grew stronger when something you believed in was diminished or was shown to be an illusion. It felt as though something important was snatched from you.
You can also get the Sagittarius Chiron wound from past life trauma too. You’re likely looking at your South Node placement here which depicts your most recent past life.
HOW TO HEAL CHIRON IN SAGITTARIUS
At any point, you can turn your Chiron in Sagittarius wounds into gifts that can help you create a better reality. You’re not stuck with this soul-destroying never-ending search.
The first step involves acceptance of this core truth; you’ve been seeking answers externally your whole life, but what your soul really craves is a deeper connection with itself.
Healing the Chiron Sag wound means following the path of self-discovery. It also means embracing the fact that life is messy, and chaotic and that there aren’t any true definitive answers in this world.
Only you get to decide what is true or worth seeking. You get to create your own belief system, regardless of what others think, say, or believe.
Questions to help heal your Chiron sign;
- What do you believe to be true about yourself and the world around you?
- What do you value about yourself? Which traits and quirks specifically?
- What does your outlook on life look like now? Do you want it to change? Be more optimistic? Adventurous?
- When you’re searching what is it that you think you’re searching for? Get as detailed as possible here.
- Do you believe others have the answers and that you’re somehow lacking info?
- Do you think others always have it figured out?
Other Chiron in Sagittarius healing practices;
- Finding purpose through creation not searching
- Believing that your life can change
- Embracing healthy commitment (relationships, jobs, locations etc)
- Taking responsibility for shaping your own destiny
I highly recommend working through these healing shadow work prompts, and doing inner child work alongside it.
Another small piece of advice? Try recognizing that life is a journey, not a destination. Left unchecked, the ambitious archer can see life as a race, failing to enjoy experiences along the way.
Once you’ve gone through the healing process, you’ll suddenly find your triggers now become valued strengths you can rely on.
- You champion others to go on an internal discovery, finding their own hidden gems and unearthing their own philosophies
- You discover that you create your own truth and that no one else has the answers either
- A deeper sense of belonging
- You have more meaningful relationships and connections
- You accept that there perhaps aren’t any answers to be found and instead Earth is just a playground for the soul. A place of discovery, innovation, and creation. A place where we can turn our thoughts into a living, breathing reality
- You learn to trust yourself, your ideas, and visions
- You find others who also share your thirst for adventure, authenticity, and freedom.
CELEBRITIES WITH CHIRON IN SAGITTARIUS
- Robin Williams
- Samuel L Jackson
- Meryl Streep
- Victor Hugo
- Caitlyn Jenner
- Bill Nighy
- Ernest Hemmingway
- Bruce Springsteen
- Willow Smith
- Jessica Lange
- Stevie Wonder
- Bill Murray
- Benjamin Franklin
- Dr. Phil
With a Chiron in Sagittarius placement, there’s no doubt about it, your quest for knowledge knows no bounds.
But as we have seen, it’s this constant searching that causes you to lose hope and faith in the bigger picture. Ironically, it’s the same thing that prevents you from reaching your full potential.
To heal, try:
- Reconnecting your Higher Self
- Working deeper with your shadow aspect
- Creating your own belief system
Related Read > Healing Chiron in Capricorn