Welcome, seeker. You’re home. I’m Charlotte, a Trauma Psychotherapist, Astrologer, and Psycho-Spiritual writer. Aka the voice you’ve been reading this entire time.
I founded Typically Topical as a creative outlet for the musings of my work. As a Trauma Psychotherapist, I frequently found myself delving deep into all sorts of topics including shadow work, inner child healing, and behavioral psychology as a way to aid my clients’ healing journey.
I quickly discovered many aspects of psychology and spirituality complemented each other. Both fields could help add depth to our complex feelings, thoughts, and emotions, and could help us to express those bigger-picture visions.
As a lifelong believer in the spiritual world, I decided to blend my two passions together, drawing on both the grounded and practical nature of psychology and science as well as the metaphysical nature of spirituality.
That was 3 years ago. Since then, Typically Topical has grown into an award-winning resource with over 300,000 visitors every month.
About Typically Topical
Typically Topical is an award-winning spiritual wellness brand inspiring radical life change through spirituality, angel numbers, astrology, tarot, and more.
My aim is to help you ignite your true purpose, power, and potential and explore what it means to be human through conscious living, healing, and positive encouragement. In a way that will actually get you results.
When it comes to the content I share, my goal is to provide a grounded and balanced perspective of spirituality that doesn’t completely bypass the raw, messy, and chaotic nature of personal and psychological growth.
There’s a tendency in the spiritual world to only want to cling to the light, but no one’s life is only ever shaped by the light.
No matter what has happened in your past, I encourage you to see that you are the creator of your destiny, that you are the master builder, the visionary, the dream weaver, the artist, and that at any point you can choose to spin a new narrative. At any moment you can become the alchemist who uses the dark to their advantage to push through to the light.
About Charlotte, Typically Topical’s Founder & Author
Charlotte is a full-time Trauma Psychotherapist, Master Astrologer, and award-winning Psycho-Spiritual Writer.
From a psychological perspective, Charlotte holds a Master’s Degree in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy from Yale University which she attended on a merit scholarship basis, without which wouldn’t have been possible.
She then later specialized in trauma, emotional regulation, and somatics, looking at how previous trauma influences the mind-body connection.
For the past 5 years, she has also specialized in astrology, tarot, numerology, and starseed research in particular. She’s an accredited member of the API (Astrological Psychology Institute) and has gained certifications in shadow mastery, numerology, and angel numbers.
Charlotte also holds a Pg. Cert in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology from UWTSD, the only academic qualification in the world to examine our true relationship with the cosmos.
Since suffering much loss and trauma in her own life, Charlotte has dedicated her time to helping others find unconditional love, strength, and inner light in even the darkest of places.
For her work, she’s been awarded a UK Womenspire Award, Yale Young Global Scholar Award, been featured as an expert by major news outlets such as Cosmopolitan, Today.com, ITV, and the Western Mail, and was invited to speak at Cambridge University and as a thought leader back in 2015.
She’s also written for the United Nations as a young columnist.
You can find Charlotte on Twitter.
Some More Interesting Facts About Me
- Charlotte is French for “Free Woman”, which I guess is pretty apt ?
- I’m part Spanish, part Italian, though born in the UK and have lived in several parts of the world including Portugal and Switzerland ?
- I’m an INFJ (Myers Briggs Personality Type) and Life Path 9 (The Humanitarian) ?♀️
- I have a Dip. Transpersonal Psychology & Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) ?
- I’m a mystic and magic lover at heart ✨
- I’m living out my 250+ item bucket list after the death of my dad when I was 21, which made me realize how none of this is a rehearsal ?
- I love exploring off the beaten path – the woods, hiking glaciers, snowboarding, anything that pulls me into nature ?️
- I am a certified Usui Reiki Master and trained in the original domes of Japan ?
- I was born on the 20th of July and am a true Cancer at heart ♋️
- Rising + Moon: Virgo and Gemini (these little guys clash all the time) ♋️
- Elemental sign: Water (and I LOVE the ocean) ?
- Favorite gemstones/crystal: Moonstone and Desert Rose ?
- Favorite colors: Blue, gold and dusky pink ?
- I love anything that merges psychology + spirituality ☯️
- I have given over 500+ natal chart readings ⭐
- I rollerskate and volunteer at dog shelters in my spare time! ?
- I’m an introvert, an old soul, and neurodivergent (HSP)! ?
- I absolutely adore tarot, oracle cards, and anything fantasy fiction related (though I don’t always get time to read them) ?
Press Features & Expert Commentary
Charlotte is regularly contacted to provide expert insight on a range of spiritual and psychological topics.
She’s been featured in Today.com, Very Well Mind, Pop Sugar, Best Life, Life Hacker, Bustle, Elite Daily, MIC, Women’s Health, Psychology Today, SheFinds, Homes and Gardens, Psychology Today, Mind Body Green, Eat This, Skills Success, Real Homes, How Stuff Works, Reader’s Digest, Allure, Bolde, Very Well and more.
Here’s a small sample of her press features:
- Can You Really Manifest Love? – Today.com
- Lion’s Gate Portal – Today.com
- The Impact of Trauma on the Brain – Pop Sugar
- Virgo x Aquarius Compatability – Bustle
- Delving Into the Shadow Self – Mic
- Zodiac Sign Most Likely to Travel the World – Best Life
- Significance of the Cinnamon Ritual – Homes and Gardens
- The Effect of the Winter Solstice on Each Zodiac – Reader’s Digest
If you’d like to see where Charlotte has been featured in more depth please visit Typically Topical’s Press page.
If you’re a journalist or an executive on PR outreach seeking an expert contribution, please contact Charlotte directly via email (email@example.com), or via her contact page.
Here are the core principles that guide my work:
- Free the seeker within
- Be true to yourself
- Heal the shadows within
- Make your dreams a reality
- Be passionate
- Embrace and accept yourself
- Reconnect with the Soul
- Transform fear into faith
- Create your own path
- Love the world and planet we’ve got
Join the Community!
Editorial Policy (A Note on Quality)
I only ever publish original and quality writing. Many sites out there tend to respin work they find on other blogs, unfortunately resulting in a long chain of copycat content.
Let’s face it, you didn’t click just to read the same thing.
As the foundation for all published blogs, I spend lots of time combing through expert sources, such as scientific studies, research (where applicable), and peer-reviewed articles to find up-to-date and vetted information. No cookie-cutter approach here.
If you’d like more info on my editorial guidelines, please visit Typically Topical’s editorial guidelines page.