Trying to cope with something difficult happening in your life right now? Here are 50 empowering and inspirational quotes to keep you going through tough times.
Sometimes just having a positive mind-set isn’t enough to keep going during tough times. Often it takes some external motivation to help you see beyond your current problems.
These inspirational quotes, with images you can save to your phone or tablet, will help you remain positive and keep moving when life throws a curveball.
The important thing to remember is that difficult times, as though tough as they might seem, never last (even if we believe they will).
It’s a universal law that everything is temporary, and we experience life in ebbs and flows.
When something bad happens it’s tempting to wallow in our misery and own self-pity because we believe we don’t have what it takes to keep going. However, that’s simply not true.
But, if we are persistent in maintaining a positive mindset even during the bad times, these challenges can help us learn some very important lessons.
To help you in your journey to feeling more positive and to help you push forward despite misfortune, here are some inspiring quotes about building resilience, remaining strong and finding your inner strength.
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO KEEP GOING DURING HARD TIMES
Some of these quotes are from lessons I’ve learnt during hard times, others are from famous authors, entrepreneurs, and other people who have turned the table in their favour after experiencing hardship.
- How to Completely Change Your Life in 4 Unusual Steps After Hardship
- 9 Insanely Toxic Habits to Ditch to Become 10x Happier
1. IT’S NOT HOW MANY TIMES YOU GET KNOCKED DOWN THAT MATTERS, IT’S HOW MANY TIMES YOU GET BACK UP.
2. YOU ARE RIGHT WHERE YOU’RE MEANT TO BE. BREATHE.
3. TRUST THE UNIVERSE. EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT AS IT SHOULD. YOU’RE NOT BEHIND. HAVE FAITH.
4. SOMETIMES PLAN B WORKS OUT BETTER THAN PLAN A EVER COULD.
5. IF IT’S HEAVY ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU’RE STILL CARRYING IT.
6. WORRYING IS LIKE A ROCKING CHAIR. YOU GO BACK & FORTH, BUT DON’T GET ANYWHERE FAST.
7. HAPPINESS COMES IN MOMENTS. IT’S OKAY IF YOU’RE NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE YOUR MOMENT WILL COME.
8. EVERYTHING IS TEMPORARY, INCLUDING BAD MOMENTS. KEEP GOING.
9. SOMETIMES OUR LIGHT GOES OUT SO WE CAN HELP OTHERS REKINDLE THEIRS.
10. YOUR WINGS ALREADY EXIST. YOU’RE JUST GOT TO MUSTER THE BRAVERY TO FLY.
11. WHEN YOU CAN’T CONTROL WHAT’S HAPPENING, CONTROL THE WAY YOU RESPOND. THAT’S THE PATH TO PEACE.
12. NEVER GIVE UP ON ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOUR HEART SOAR.
13. SOMETIMES WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, YOU LATER REALISE IT WAS A PEACH IN DISGUISE.
14. IF YOU’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A SIGN, HERE IT IS.
15. YOU’RE SMARTER, BRAVER & MORE CAPABLE THAN YOU COULD EVER KNOW. DO THE THING. DO IT.
16. BE WHO THE CHILD VERSION OF YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE.
17. BEFORE EVERY RAINBOW COMES A GREAT STORM.
18. NOBODY EVER ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING LIVING INSIDE THEIR COMFORT ZONE.
19. CHANGING YOUR MINDSET GIVES YOU THE KEY TO OPEN A WORLD FULL OF POSSIBILITY.
20. YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY. REMEMBER THAT.
21. THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS DOTTED WITH MANY TEMPTING PARKING PLACES.
22. IT’S OFTEN THE LAST KEY THAT OPENS THE DOOR. KEEP TRYING.
23. A LITTLE PROGRESS EACH DAY ADDS UP TO BIG RESULTS.
24. PROBLEMS ARE NOT STOP SIGNS, THEY’RE COURSE CORRECTORS.
25. BIG SHOTS ARE JUST LITTLE SHOTS WHO KEPT ON SHOOTING.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES TO KEEP GOING
26. “Before something great happens, everything falls apart.”
27. “When you think about quitting, think about why you started.”
28. “Just because you’re taking longer than others does not mean you’re a failure. Keep going.”
29. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts” —Winston Churchill.
30. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” —Dale Carnegie
31. “There are times to stay put and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.”
32. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
33. “The same voice that says ‘Give up’ can also be trained to say ‘Keep Going’.”
34. “If you can’t stop thinking about it. Don’t stop working for it.”
35. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
SHORT INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO KEEP GOING IN LIFE
36. “If you are going through hell, keep going. Who stops in hell?” – Steve Harvey
37. “Use the pain as fuel and motivation to keep going.”
38. “Don’t watch the clock, do what it does; keep going.”
39. “Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.” —H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
40. “Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
41. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
42. “You just have to keep going and don’t let the small stuff bog you down.” – Stella Maeve
43. “Just keep going like crazy and look back when it’s over. Otherwise, you just get confused.” – Cliff Burton
44. “Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go.” – Nicole Kidman.
45. “Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.” – Denis Waitley
46. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
47. “You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.” – George Lucas
48. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” ―Mary Anne Radmacher
49. “The success gate is far at the end of the long failure corridor. Keep moving no matter how many potholes you step into. You will get there with time!” – Israelmore Ayivor
50. “Nothing worth having comes overnight. Keep going, keep trying.”