Whether you’re hosting a spook-tacular party for 20 or plan to celebrate Halloween solo this year, these alcoholic fang-tastic drinks are sure to go down a treat.
There’s no nasty tricks with these creepy concoctions, they’re easy to make and not to mention tasty.
Take a look through this list of magical elixir’s and try out whatever takes your fancy this holiday season. We’re dying to know which one you pick!
You Might Also Like:
10 FANG-TASTIC ALCOHOLIC HALLOWEEN DRINKS
HOCUS POCUS WITCH’S BREW
This Hocus Pocus Witch’s Brew is a true crowd pleaser. Made with common house bar ingredients, this blue brew is easy to make and looks amazing!
To get that dazzling purple, blue shimmery look, make sure to soak some butterfly pea blossoms in your favorite gin first, or add some butterfly pea blossom extract to the gin for an instant color change.
- 1 oz Gin (any gin you can soak with butterfly pea blossoms, or pea blossom extract)
- Handful butterfly pea blossoms/pea blossom extract
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Soda water
- Crushed ice
- Soak butterfly pea blossoms in gin.
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice.
- Add your favorite gin followed by the lemon juice (add pea blossom extract here if you didn’t follow step 1)
- Top with the Blue Curacao and soda. Drink, repeat.
BLACK MAGIC ELIXIR
Bring a little magic into your life this Halloween with a Black Magic Elixir Cocktail.
A touch on the sweet side, this witchy looking concoction is perfect for any spooky celebration, be it telling ghost stories or accidentally liking your crush’s insta photos from like 2 years ago…oops.
- 2.5 ounces Black Vodka
- 3/4 ounce Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice 2/3 – 1 Small Lime
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- White Edible Pearl Dust In White
- Add the syrup, lime juice and black vodka into a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice to the liquid line.
- Shake for 20-30 seconds.
- Add a small sprinkle of edible pearl dust (can be found at some baking aisles) to the martini glass.
- Pour cocktail and serve. Want a little more shimmer? Add more pearl dust and stir.
This Creepster Cocktail is as easy as 1-2-3, literally. With only 3 ingredients, this easy to make cocktail is perfect for beginner mixologists.
Bring out your inner child this Halloween with this Kool-Aid based cocktail. It’s yummy!
- 8 ounces lemon-lime Kool-Aid
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 2 ounces Vodka
Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker and combine. Pour over crushed ice.
BLOOD RED DRIPPER
This fang-tastic vampire Blood Red Dripper is the perfect sidekick to any vampire costume.
In some places, though limited, you can buy pre-made Candy Corn Vodka. If you’re making your own, it’s as simple as letting some candy corn soak in normal vodka for 1-2 hours.
Add some thick red gummy worms around the glass for an ‘intestinal’ look.
- 2 oz Candy Corn Vodka, chilled
- 3 drops Red Food Coloring
- 2-3 Red Gummy Worms, garnish (optional)
- Pour your pre-made Candy Corn Vodka into a martini or coupe glass.
- Drizzle a few drops of red food coloring into the drink to give it a ghoulish bloody look. Drape some red gummy worms out of the glass for added effect (optional).
You Might Also Like:
MORTICIA ADDAM’S GHOULISH FRIEND
Who wouldn’t want to be Morticia Addam’s friend? This tasty strawberry red cocktail is perfect for cider lovers.
Easy to make and ready in less than 5 minutes.
Top with a spooky spider or do as Morticia does, and top with a sprig of rosemary for a more elegant ‘mansion-sweeping’ feel.
- 2 ounces dry sake
- 1 ounce spiced hibiscus syrup
- a ounce hard cider
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice, shake vigorously and pour into a frosted martini glass.
- Garnish with something delicately spooky.
POISONED APPLE MARTINI
Fan of Disney’s Snow White? Then, you’ll love this Snow White themed Poisoned Apple Martini. It tastes just like a caramel apple, it’s so good! Perfect balance of sweet and zingy.
- 2-12 ounce Cans of Sprite
- 1/2 cup Apple Rum
- 1 1/4 cup Kissed Caramel Vodka
- Add the sprite, apple rum, and caramel vodka to a large cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 20-30 seconds & chill before serving.
- For guests who like a weaker beverage, have some extra soda on hand to dilute (it can pack a punch!).
DISAPPEARING CANDY CORN COCKTAIL
Warning: this cocktail often disappears. Why? Because it tastes so good! Get into the true Halloween spirit with this Disappearing Candy Corn Cocktail.
Your cocktail might look more clear if you add more prosecco. We added some witches’ hats to our for a cute touch.
Think of this as an elevated classy cocktail with a touch of prosecco. Perfect for a ghoulish girl’s night in!
- Small handful of candy corn
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 cup Prosecco
- cotton candy
- Place candy corn in a glass, and top with Cointreau.
- Fill the rest of the glass with the cotton candy, leaving a small pocket of space between the liquid and the cotton candy.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour the Prosecco to top off the glass and watch the cotton candy disappear! Okay, so this might be the reason it’s called a ‘disappearing cocktail’, but you’ll definitely want seconds!
PUMPKIN PATCH ELIXIR
When it comes to Halloween, the first thing that spring to mind is pumpkins!
Of course, we couldn’t leave out a good ol’ pumpkin themed cocktail. Top with little bat decorations for a truly spook-tacular drink that will wow your guests this holiday!
- 30ml gin
- 15ml triple sec
- 15ml sweet vermouth
- 15ml dry vermouth
- 15ml blood orange juice
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Mini bat decorations (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake thoroughly.
- Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with mini bat decorations.
You’ve heard of brain freeze, but have you heard of skull freeze?
This cute pink colored cocktail almost tastes like a strawberry smoothie, except better, because of you know, the gin. Serve in a skull shaped glass for an authentic spooky feel.
- 250g strawberries, hulled
- 100g crushed ice, plus more if you like a thicker blended drink
- 50ml gin
- Juice of half a lime
- Combine all your ingredients in a blender and whizz.
- Pour into a skull glass and top with more crushed ice.
- Garnish with a strawberry and a slice of lime.
Like your cocktails strong? This is the one for you. Whilst you might not be reviving someone with this cocktail, it sure will wake up your senses!
- 50ml Gin
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 25ml Vermouth
- Dash of absinthe
- Maraschino cherry (optional)
- Gummy or Candied Eyeballs (big, whole not baking kind)
- Add all your ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into chilled coupe or martini glasses.
- Add candied eyeballs to glass for that Halloween effect.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry (optional).
Which one are you dying to get your hands on this holiday?
Whether you’re thinking of trying them all, or already have your favorite, we hope you have a safe and happy Halloween this year, wherever you are in the world! Enjoy!
You Might Also Like: