When it comes to maximalist bedrooms, more is always better. Whereas the minimalist style focuses on white wash walls, minimally decorated rooms and quiet or mute color tones, maximalism is the complete opposite.
Graphic and bold, quirky and busy, maximalist bedrooms seek to put on show everything a room has to offer; think head-turning art pieces, in-your-face color palettes and contrasting patterns.
However you style your room, Bohohemian, Victorian, Coastal, Art Deco or otherwise, you’re sure to find a maxi style you love here.
I’ve carefully curated a range of styles and themes, designed to suit every bedroom size and shape.
More Bedroom Interior Inspiration:
- 23 Charming Coastal Bedrooms For An In Home Beach Retreat
- 22 Heavenly Art Deco Bedrooms Gatsby Fans Will Adore
21 Must See Maximalist Bedrooms
1. Maximalist bedrooms don’t always need loud, obnoxious colors. Color the room with pops of color from accessories and rugs
2. A maxi-style bedroom with a retro themed twist
3. A classical artist’s dream: ancient Greek or Roman styled Maximalist bedroom
4. A jungle themed bedroom with every plant on display, a true botanophile’s sanctuary
5.Combine an exposed brick wall with colorful geometry and patterned furnishings
6.Loud prints are perfect for an maximalist styled room
7. Classy, yet not overwhelming; the perfect combination for those seeking a Maxi-mini mix
8. Chinese yen and ying paradise; animal prints add a neutral yet bold tone to this room
9. A foreboding bedroom with lots of gothic character and charm
10. Darker furnishings and accessories pair well with a lighter wood floor to open up the space
11. Traditional maximalist style; more is always more. Everything on show.
12. Maxi doesn’t always mean showy; small contrasts are ideal for more compact spaces
13. An abstract’s dream, combine bold bright colors to form a classy and inviting bedroom
14.A maximalist bedroom that looks like a true canvas: carefully curated blues, golds and oranges really bring this room together
15. Pick a passion and run with it; a maximalist bedroom styled purely around one’s love of the ‘Red Hot Chilli Peppers’
16. Combine contrasting wood colors with weathered fabrics for a more outlandish look
17. Bedframe mirrors and bay windows work to maximise light and style
18. A gorgeous and colorful maximalist bedroom without too much overwhelm
19. The perfect maxi bedroom, with serious spiritual vibes
20. Layered throws and comforters add style and grace to an otherwise dark room
21. Elegant, classy and chic, these colors work well together despite being typically loud
You might like: