Christmas Eve boxes are a great way to amp up the Christmas spirit right before the big day, and let’s face it, kids (and secretly us adults) love to get a ‘sneak-peak’ of our presents.
Whether creating a Christmas Eve Box is a longstanding household tradition or a new one, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to make a gorgeous Christmas Eve Box. I’ve also included some stunning, but easy to make and affordable decor designs for inspiration.
What you will need:
- Wooden Storage Box or crate (either with a lid or without)
- Brown, white, red and black paint (optional) for lid and box decoration
- Paint brushes
- Letter deco art/stickers (optional) for decoration
- Optional extras: glitter, snowflake wood slices, festive tape, stickers etc.
- Hot glue gun
- Stencils (optional)
How to make a gorgeous Christmas Eve Box
There are only two instructions for this how-to, that’s how easy it is 🙂
- Decide if you want to paint/decorate the box. If you do, you can coat the box in white emulsion paint. Then, you can paint on your letters/wording i.e. your child’s name with acrylic paint. You can use stencils or art deco letters for this.
- You can then finish the design with some festive tape, spray paint some snowflakes and glue them to the box and sprinkle some glitter for extra detail (but this is optional). And that’s it! It’s that simple.
Add a ‘rhyming message’ for fun!
Add a rhyming message to bring the Christmas spirit to life;
‘It’s Christmas Eve so here’s a treat, Of stuff to do and things to eat. It won’t be long until Santa comes, so let’s start having some Christmas fun’.
You can add this to the lid of the crate or add it to a letter from Santa.
Genius Christmas Eve Box Decor Ideas
If you’re looking for some design inspiration and ideas of what to put in your box, I’ve curated 12 of the best Christmas Eve boxes I’ve seen. Most of these are fairly simple, but bursting with fun!
1. No Peeking Christmas Eve Decorative Box
2. Named Christmas Eve Box
3. The Family’s Wooden Crate
4. North Pole Shipping Crate
Source: Love-up UK
5. Reindeer Christmas Eve Box
6. Rustic Christmas Eve Crate
Source: Money Saver Lois
7. Santa’s Letter Christmas Eve Box
8. Cute Christmas Eve Box
9. Nutcracker Crate
10. Reindeer Lettered Christmas Eve Box
11. Stencilled Christmas Eve Box
12. Night Before Christmas Box
Looking for some Christmas Eve Box Stuffer Ideas?
1. Magic Reindeer Food
Source: Happy Go Lucky Blog
2. Christmas Pyjamas
3. Christmas Book to read
4. Christmas Slippers
5. Favourite Festive Film
6. Christmas Mug, hot chocolate, marshmallows (or you could create a snack/drink station)
7. Christmas Crafts to make together
8. Cuddly Toys
9. Letter from Santa
10. Santa ‘prep’ kit e.g. carrots, mince pies, cookies, santa key
11. Christmas stockings ready for Santa
12. Christmas cookie baking set
13. Christmasy bubble bath
14. Favourite sweets/candy
15. Christmas Cracker
16. Snowmen Donuts
Source: I heart Arts and Crafts
I hope you loved this quick ‘how-to’ and round up of Christmas Eve Box decor ideas. Enjoy making your own Christmas crate!
If you liked this post, please feel free to share it!