Firstly, if you’re reading this, thank you very much for your comments! I really do appreciate you taking to time to contribute to the community spirit of Typically Topical. This page functions as community comment guidelines, so as to keep the positive, welcoming and friendly nature of Typically Topical.
I absolutely love and encourage comments from my readers! It’s always great to receive feedback and hear your thoughts about the content. I want all of Typically Topical’s readers to grow and feel safe within this community, and because of that, I do have some community guidelines regarding comments.
Any comments that are overly negative, disrespectful, or offensive will be deleted. Comments that don’t contribute to the conversation, are self-promotional, contain affiliate links, or are intended for back-link purposes will be deleted and the author will be blocked from future commenting.
Please use your REAL first name and email address when commenting. If you are deliberately using your business name and/or business email, I will consider it self-promotion and remove your comment.
Please do not link your business name or blog anywhere in the comment section unless it directly relates to the comment or conversation taking place. Otherwise, it will be considered self-promotional and marked as spam. Many comments with links go directly to the spam folder for this reason.
Before asking a question, please read over prior comments in the conversation to see if your question has already been answered. If it has, your question will likely not be answered.
The following applies to all comments posted on Typicallytopical.com:
- All Rights Reserved: I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. I also reserve the right to block access via IP address to anyone or group from commenting, subscribing to, and from accessing Typicallytopical.com for violation of this comment policy.
- Links: Comments containing links are automatically held in moderation. Any link included in a comment which is blatantly self-promotional without genuinely contributing to the conversation will be marked as spam and the comment immediately deleted. Repeated attempts will cause the user email and IP address to be blacklisted from commenting further. Links that are relevant and contribute to the conversation within the comments of the blog post may be allowed, but if in doubt, please leave it out.
- Copyright/Plagiarism: If notice is received that a comment contains proprietary, copyrighted or plagiarised information, the offending comment will be deleted and the commenter blocked from further commenting ability.
- Email: An authentic, verified, email address is required for commenting and comment subscriptions. Personal email addresses are never published on the blog nor shared with any 3rd party. Your email address may be used by the blog owner (us) to privately contact you. By commenting on this blog, you are agreeing that I have the right to contact you via email in response to your comment.
- Respect: Comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the blog owner (me) to be rude and offensive, will be deleted and the commenter banned from future use. You may question or argue the content in a constructive nature, but you may not post disrespectful comments towards the author(s) or other commenters.
- Relevance: Please keep all comments on-topic and relevant to the post being read. Comments that are an obvious attempt at promotional purposes, intended to gain traffic, backlinks, brand exposure, or increased personal site traffic will be deleted and the commenter will be blocked from further Typicallytopical.com interaction. If you leave a comment or question that is unrelated to the post topic, it will likely go unanswered. If you have a question about a specific topic, please search for it using the provided search box. Or you can suggest a topic for a future blog post using the contact form.
- Spam: Any comment deemed as spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam. Commenters who repeatedly post spam will be blacklisted from commenting in the future, and their IP address blocked from accessing Typicallytopical.com.
- Liability: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the individual commenter. By submitting a comment on Typicallytopical.com, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, Typically Topical, and all post authors and commenters harmless.
- Gravatar: For easier commenting, please consider signing up for a Gravatar (you can do that by clicking here). This will allow your comment to be approved faster, and allow your picture to automatically display next to your comment.
- What to Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: Please be patient. All comments are moderated and are not approved right away. Please do not submit the same comment twice unless you think your original comment was not submitted correctly the first time.
Once again, thank you for your comments and contributions to Typically Topical! I really do appreciate it! Happy commenting.